Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Giving Thanks

Soon it will be Thanksgiving - my favorite holiday, actually. I was born exactly one week before that great day. So for 42 years, I have had my Thanksgiving feast in the tiny town of my birth. So many memories associated with that day...

My grandmother's dressing recipe, taught to her by her mother in law. My cousin sat with her a few years before her death to get the actual recipe and now I have it, too. It is one of my favorite smells and tastes and reminds me of my Ma Butch.

My cousins - on that side of my family there were 4 of us girls. Two much older than me and my sister. It is our annual reconnection.

My tiny south Georgia town... I remember living there, growing up there, going to school, riding my bicycle all over the town. We moved away when I was 11, but I still consider it my hometown.

I am looking forward to this day and to the blessings God has in store for us on this trip. Have a great day.

2 comments:

Robin Lambright said...

Thanksgiving is my fav as well. Happy belated birthday!!!!!

Gwenna said...

Sarah! You look GREAT! :)