I've had some thoughts banging around in my noggin so I owe it to all four of my loyal readers to share.
1. I did not watch "The Sound of Music Live." I have a few reasons for this.
First, it is my favorite movie. Of all time.
Second, Julie Andrews is my favorite singer. Of all time.
Third, I like Carrie Underwood. She is a fantastic performer and I want to keep liking her.
2. My schedule this semester and the upcoming semester is pretty rough - two new (out of three preps) which means little down-time during the day. My goal this break was to read a book that didn't involve education or math, but I wound up cooking a lot instead. But I cooked some AWESOME food. AWESOME. You would have benefited from trying it - it was that good.
3. I really don't like things as gifts. I like time from people. However, my family blessed me with some well thought out gifts this Christmas, and I'm pretty happy about that.
4. We don't sing together as a family quite enough. We did the other night when my dad was in town and it was great.
5. While I don't know if I'm ready for my break to be over next week, I do love my job and my co-workers and I miss them when I don't get to see them. One came to church with me today and I was so happy to see her. I work at a great school. Can't wait to see the kids again either. So... maybe I just contradicted myself? Hmmm. But really, I'm not ready because I still have planning to do to be ready for Monday.
6. I don't really like football unless my team is winning.
So, I hope you enjoyed reading the random things banging around in my noggin. I hope you celebrated the birthday of our Savior last week and have fond remembrances of 2013. Come on 2014. Let's make a great year!