Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Back to School

I am in the throes of pre-planning right now... reminding myself what did and did not work in the class I taught last year and figuring out the in's and out's of my new prep this year.  We wait in line at the copier and pray it doesn't jam, run out of toner or just be irritable.  We have lunch provided most days this week and breakfast this morning.  We sort paper, make lists, clean desks, make sure our supplies are in place, and on days when there are no meetings (like today), we stay in our windowless cave of a classroom and try to be as productive as possible.  It sounds pretty boring and mundane, doesn't it?

Not really.

You see, I work in a place that tries to glorify Jesus Christ and teach our students about him.  You can't do that well unless you believe in that saving relationship.  Part of it is being in fellowship, and I have to say, these people are my family.  We get support.  We give support.  We laugh together.  We cry together.  But mostly importantly, when we need one another, we are there and business stops and prayer happens.

And in all this we are being prepared to love on our students when they come on Monday.  It's all in a day's work, and I'm ready for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Robin Lambright said...

:) Praying for a GREAT year!
R