Friday, February 22, 2019

Pondering

Two years ago today, I wrote a blogpost about my daddy and his watch.  It is one of my favorite posts, because it felt healing.  It still does.  Sunday is the second anniversary of his entry into Heaven.  I was blessed to be there when it happened.

I've been thinking about that year and how hard it was.  The last almost five years actually.  Somethings have been amazing!  Going to Europe three times.

Starting the Devotional facebook group has truly been a blessing, and we're about start a study for Lent.  I'm excited about this and what God is doing in our church.  People are enthusiastic!  I pray for the Holy Spirit to flow through me!

Despite all the positives recently, I've been thinking of my parents and sister a lot.  Sometimes those things are positive, sometimes they  just hurt. Sometimes when I look at pictures of Natalie, I almost can't breathe. But I look at them because I don't want to forget. Forget what?  I'm not sure. I'd like to only remember the joyful times, like our annual Christmas Uno game. But there is bitter mixed with the sweet.  These things make it hard to sleep at night... and that makes the days hard also.

I try to wrap these posts up nicely and come to a conclusion, but today I'm drawing a blank.  So I'll end by asking the Lord to bless you all and for Him to make His presence feel tangible to you today.