Monday, July 11, 2011

The more things change...

the more they stay the same.

People say that all the time... but change doesn't make things stay the same.  A true oxymoron.

Okay.  Change is coming and it is good.  My daughter is getting ready for college - I think I'm ready for her to go.  No, that's not right.  I am ready to let her go, but not really ready for her to go.  It's a turning point in both of our lives.

Thinking back on turning points since I began this blog... it really has been all about change.  I used to call change the "C" word, as if it were something bad.  I was reminded today that all things CAN work together for good, as long as it is in the will of God.  As I ponder the truly big changes in my life, some have been so hard, so painful that I would never want to repeat them, but I appreciate the lessons I learned that caused a change in my heart.  Then other changes are so wonderful I wonder how I deserved them.

Yes, change is coming.  My home will change forever - and it will be good.  I think it will be very good.

1 comment:

Robin Lambright said...

change is inevitable...being ready for it is a good thing.

R