My DH has just left to go pick up most of our DD's belongings at her college and she waits to take her last final exam of her freshman year of college. She is quite a remarkable young lady. You can read her blog here.
This time last year we were planning her graduation party, packing for the senior trip to Colorado (I got to go - wonderful), and I had a lot on my plate. Two months later, I was at the doctor for my yearly thyroid check (I hate my thyroid but love my medication) and the NP pointed out my weight gain for the year. YIKES! I had previously lost 51 pounds but had managed to gain back all but 12 of that two years. How's them numbers for you? So I went back on Weight Watchers with a new attitude. I have dreams, you know, and being 80 pounds overweight was not in those dreams. I now have 32 pounds to get to my initial goal.
- I dream of playing with my grandchildren someday.
- I dream of being able to run a 5K (but really? I hate exercise so this could be a stretch)
- I want to get more education - got to get my teaching certificate current and some other stuff. Not sure how far I want to take it.
- I want to travel to the lands of my ancestors - Germany, Holland, Scotland, England, Alabama (haha... this would be funny if it weren't true - I just want to find all the cemeteries and take pictures in Alabama).
- I want to learn to make gourmet cupcakes. I am actually going to play with this over the summer. It seems inconsistent with someone trying to lose weight but I'm going to give most of them away.
- I dream of my knees not crunching when I walk... but turns out this is a family genetic problem but just isn't helped by my weight. They have improved substantially in the last several months.
- I dream of taking a fantasy trip to Greece and Italy with my daughter and maybe stopping in Paris, too.
- I dream of all of my family members having a saving relationship with Jesus Christ.
So maybe that wasn't so much of a year's retrospective as it was a bucket list.