Saturday, July 25, 2015

Planning

It has been 11 days since I last posted! I could blame being really busy, but I won't because, except for a few days, things have been pretty relaxed.

The wedding is planned, the dress is here, programs are in progress and the belongings have been moved into an apartment in Texas.  The old pick up truck has also been moved.  But there's more planning going on besides this.

The boy child will move into his dorm a mere ten days after the wedding (maybe 11 or 12) so we are buying textbooks and deciding what he needs for the dorm.  This process is way EASIER with a boy than with a girl.  Apparently boys don't care if their linens coordinate or not.  I think the shopping trip for him will be less than an hour.

As a teacher we have these designated days prior to the opening of school called "pre-planning."  Not that we are planning to plan... it is planning before school, but in reality that never stops.  We are constantly examining and re-examining what worked and didn't work.

Since the wedding is right in the middle of pre-planning this year, I have to take a couple of days off from work since we will have company and things to handle. So, I've been doing a lot of my planning work at home.  I feel pretty good about two out of my three subjects, but I need to do a good bit more work for the third.  I want to be able to hit the ground running on the first day of school and set a good and positive precedent for my students.  It would be nice to get to school and only need to make copies and make sure my room was set up and the technology all was functional.  (The technology usually is functional, FYI.)

The next 4 weeks will be very busy and exciting and then after that... well, the nest will be empty and it will be back to me and the husband and the dog.  We are a little excited about that and also wondering how quiet things are really going to be here.  Very, I think.

Our kids are mostly grown and we have done our jobs as parents.  My prayer is God will continue to help them as they grow in the gifts He has given them and also help us as we adjust to the changes.


No comments: