Thursday, July 2, 2015

Spot

In contrast to Mayberry, another popular show I liked to watch was "The Munsters."  Isn't it funny that Marilyn was thought to be the different one?  I identified a lot with her but Eddie was smart and logical.

Spot was Eddie's pet dragon he kept under the stairs and fed.  Don't many family have their pet monsters we try to keep hidden away?  Not all but some families have them and sometimes it is just an individual who has the monster.



I recently got rid of my monster.  For it to survive, I was feeding it.  My monster's name was Guilt.  I fed it with lies, anger and darkness.  I starved it with forgiveness.  I recently remembered that forgiveness is a choice, like love.  It doesn't need a process like grief; I just needed to decide to do it.  When I did, my monster started dying.  But it wasn't an easy process, you see, it remembered the lies that kept it fed - when I stopped believing the lies, it stopped being fed.  I don't think it ran away to come back again;  I believe it is dead.  A very wise woman once told me, "I don't do guilt."  I love that.  ME EITHER.

With the help of the Holy Spirit it will remain dead.  What's now in it's place?  Hope.  But not under the stairs - hope doesn't need to be kept in darkness.  It thrives on the light and on truth.

Romans 5:1-5 (NKJV) says, "Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us."

Be blessed today.

1 comment:

Robin Lambright said...

You're on fire girlfriend! Love how you have been really examining your internal workings.

Feelings, emotions, all our life stuff...sometimes ya just have to unpack it a bit.
R